Recommended Reading & Movies
- The Farmworkers’ Journey by Dr. Ann López
- The Farmworker’s Daughter by Rose Castillo Guilbault
- Across a Hundred Mountains by Reyna Grande (available for purchase at www.slugstore.ucsc.edu)
- With These Hands: The Hidden World of Migrant Farmworkers Today by Daniel Rothenberg; Harcourt Brace & Company.
- The Children of NAFTA: Labor Wars on the U.S./Mexico Border by David Bacon; University of California Press.
- Strawberry Fields: Politics, Class, and Work in California Agriculture by Miriam J. Wells; Cornell University Press.
- Poverty Amid Prosperity: Immigration and the Changing Face of Rural California by J.Edward Taylor, Philip L. Martin & Michael Fix; The Urban Institute Press.
- Crossing Over: A Mexican Family on the Migrant Trail by Ruben Martinez; Metropolitan Books.
- The Death of Ramón González: The Modern Agricultural Dilemma by Angus Wright; University of Texas Press.
- Endangered Mexico: An Environment on the Edge by Joel Simon; Sierra Club Books.
- Shadowed Lives: Undocumented Immigrants in American Society by Leo Chavez; Harcourt Brace Jovanovich.
- Down on the Farm: NAFTA’s Seven-Years War on Farmers and Ranchers in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Public Citizen’s Global Trade Watch. Public Citizen.
- The Other Side of Immigration by Roy Germano
- The 800 mile Wall by John Carlos Frey
- The Border with Jack Nicholson and Harvey Keitel
- Wetback: The Undocumented Documentary by Arturo Perez Torres
- The Future of Food by Deborah Koons Garcia
- The Harvest (La Cosecha) by U. Roberto Romano (Eva Longoria)
- The Invisible Mexicans of Deer Canyon by John Carlos Frey
- Paying the Price: Migrant Workers in the Toxic Fields of Sinaloa by Chiapas Media Project and Fair Food Across Borders, www.fairfoodab.org.
- Para Los Que Tienen Ojos! By Asociación Ambientalista Guerrerows Verdes A.C.